Sunday, June 7, 2009

Lone Lake trip June 14, 2009

The plan is to leave from the church following 2nd service on June 14th and drive to Lone Lake near Langley on Whidbey Island. Google Maps estimates travel time as 1 hr 45 min. The Lake is a highly productive, selective fishery. It’s fished well from float tube, pontoon boat or small boat. There is a small boat launch and small picnic / park area at the parking area. The lake should fish well with weighted green, or black woolly buggers trolled slowly with fairly deep sinking lines, damsel nymphs fished with intermediate sinking lines and chironomids fished deep below a strike indicator. The lake is pretty uniformly 10 to 15 feet deep and produces rainbow, cuts and browns in the 17 to 24” range. It should be a fun and productive day. I do have some extra gear if anyone needs to borrow and item or two to make this work. Please shoot me an email stephen@storyarchitects.com and let me know if you think you would like to attend. I will bring my BBQ and cook some hot dogs and chips before we get on the lake. Bring a camera and lets get some good pictures for the web site.

Steve..

Below are driving directions to the lake:

1. Head west on Pease Rd toward S Burlington Blvd
0.2 mi
2. Turn right at S Burlington Blvd
1.0 mi
3. Turn left at W Rio Vista Ave/WA-20
Continue to follow WA-20
11.9 mi
4. Turn left to stay on WA-20
31.5 mi
5. Continue on S WA-525
15.8 mi
6. Turn left at Bayview Rd
1.8 mi
7. Turn left at Andreason Rd
0.6 mi
8. Turn left at Lone Lake Rd
0.2 mi
9. Turn right to stay on Lone Lake Rd
36 ft
10. Turn left to stay on Lone Lake Rd

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Steve,

Would love to join you. *Unfortunately* my wife and I will be in Hawaii.

Are you planning another trip to Nunally this Fall? I'm still kicking myself for missing the last one.

BTW, we moved to Seattle in case you were wondering why you havn't seen me around.

Have a good time on the 14th!

-Ryan