Friday, July 11, 2008

OK, let’s make this official and shoot for this Sunday after church. My brother and his sons will be coming so there could be 5 or 6 of us. I can probably take a couple people and gear if anyone wants to ride with me. I’ll be driving a Subaru outback with a rocket box.

Timing: I’m thinking I’ll leave from Church after 2nd service, maybe grab a burger on the way up and plan on being at the parking area between 1:30 to 2:00. and fish until 5 or 6:00.

Directions: Go East on Hwy 20 past Lyman / Hamilton to Birdsview. Turn Left on Baker Lake Rd. Go approx 5.5 miles (NE) toward Baker Lake. Turn Right on Burpee Hill Rd. Go approx ½ mile and Vogler Lake is on the Right.

Access: I saw on the web that there is a gravel parking area (WDFW Access permit reqd?) with a pit toilet and a low tech spot to launch a small boat or float tube, otherwise, little or no ability to bank fish. I have a spare float tube if anyone needs to borrow it.

Gear: Although I haven’t fished this lake before, I'll likely start out with a sinking line and dark Wooly-bugger or Damsel nymph pattern. I'll also bring a floating line and be prepared to try Chironomids at varying depths, adult Damsels on the surface, Chironomid emergers (Raccoon, Adams,..) depending on what I see in the way of husks on the surface film. Other than that, this is a catch and release lake so maybe bring a net and a camera.

Don’t hesitate to email or call to coordinate.

Steve..

No comments: